Monday, 31 March 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review

As previously mentioned on this blog, I am pretty much incapable of going into Boots without getting sucked into the 3 for 2 offers. This time around, I decided to try out some new skincare and I need to pick up some more makeup remover. I decided on Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water 400ml which is a water based makeup remover for sensitive skin that claims to remove makeup, cleanse and soothe. After trying a few oil based makeup removers and not getting on with them, I thought a cleansing water would be better - especially after hearing so much about the infamous bidoerma!

Garnier micellar Cleansing water review bioderma dupe

Garnier Micellar Water Bioderma dupe review

I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well this worked, I imagined that a cleansing water wouldn't be able to remove a days worth of makeup, especially eye makeup. I use this by putting a few drops onto a cotton pad and using all over the face. It removes foundations, powder etc no problem and for eye makeup I hold in place on my eye for a few second and then just wipe it away! I'd say it removes about 90% of my makeup this way, the other 10% requires a second wipe! I've used this for waterproof mascara and found it to work just as well as it does when removing normal mascara. 

Overall - an excellent option if you want to try a cleansing water and don't want to splash out on Bioderma. It's gentle enough to be used on the eye area, works well at removing waterproof makeup and doesn't irritate the skin. It's not heavily scented and feels refreshing by leaving your skin makeup free and smooth. You also get a generous sized 400ml bottle for just £4.99 which is approximately 200 uses (whether or not this is true, I don't know but in general each application uses hardly any product). It's also currently on offer for just £3.33 in Boots! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like great product and good price if you can get it on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to pop to Boots for £3.33 it's a bargain!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a bargain need to try this!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this last weekend. I haven't tried it yet. But going to give it a go tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete