I was tagged by the lovely Laura-Jade from Pale Girl Reviews to take part in the beauty blogger tag, so here are my answers!
Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I first started blogging back in 2011 I think with the odd post here and there. In 2013 I restarted my blog after deleting a whole year or so's worth of blog posts and photographs (epic technology fail) and I've continued with Lovely Jubbly Blog ever since.
Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I can't really remember which blog I read first, I think it was probably makeupsavvy or blushblendbeauty as I found her videos on youtube!
What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
It was a huge order of products from Elf! Believe it or not I had never heard of the company before blogging, I think I made an order almost immediately after writing my first beauty related post!
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
- Being able to claim a small corner of the internet that's all mine. I created it, I update it and I am proud of my little blog here!
- Being able to build friendships with other bloggers! I've got to know some absolutely lovely ladies through blogging, met a few local bloggers and also found an amazing friend in a blogger (Lauren) who I talk to every single day and get to see when she visits from Ireland!
- Trying new things, sampling new products and developing an obsession with makeup. Okay, so it's not always kind to my bank balance but I've found something I love and love to talk about. It's my only vice!
- Discovering this as a hobby. I think of myself as quite a boring person, I don't really love going out all the time and I've never really found anything I enjoyed and stuck to it. Blogging has stuck, I do something blog-related everyday whether its writing posts, talking to you guys, photographing products or planning my next exciting post.
- Reading other blogs! I'm a massive social media addict whether its twitter, instagram or pinterest - I love them all. I read a huge range of blogs from lifestyle, food, beauty and fashion and I love discovering new favourites to read. I could literally scroll through bloglovin all day every day.
What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
Make-up wise? That eyebrows will never even, they will never be twins they will always be sisters. Contouring can go wrong, but when it goes right it's good. I am unable to show any self control when I enter boots, superdrug or any other shop that sells anything remotely beauty related.
Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I've changed the brands I use regularly just from trying out new things and I've also changed the size of my makeup bag, in fact now I have a makeup station rather than a normal person sized cosmetic bag.
What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
- Try to think of a blog name that is a little unique but also says a bit about you. If you think you might want to include other topics besides beauty don't pick a specific name. Mine is quite general, I just use this phrase all the time so I named it 'lovely jubbly' haha! It's a good idea to check social media etc first as it's best to have all your accounts under the same name
- Don't feel the need to buy an expensive camera. All my photos are taken using a standard point and shoot camera that was around £60! As long as you have a clear background, you can get near a window or outside then you'll be fine!
- Get to know other bloggers, not only is it a great way to get inspiration but you'll also make friends and network!
- Blog about whatever you want to write about, it's your blog and you decide on the content.
- Don't focus too much on the numbers, they'll come eventually.
What are your top 5 makeup brands?
- Urban Decay
Recommend your top 5 beauty products
- Nanshy make-up brushes (specifically the face brush kit, amazing!)
- Avon ideal flawless foundation
- Sleek face kit (contour/highlight/blush)
- Mac MSF in soft and gentle
- Urban decay naked basics palette
I tag the following lovely ladies: