There's something about iced coffee on a hot day that is just perfect. I thought I'd share this quick, simple way to enjoy iced coffee at home - mainly because I wanted to do something cute with my new vintage style kilner drinking glasses (from Primark!). This is also dairy free, but feel free to use ordinary milk if you prefer! So here's what you'll need:
- A pretty glass (not mandatory but it looks better)
- Soya Milk (measure out 3/4 of the glass you are using)
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 2 level spoons of coffee
- Paper straws (for the pretty effect, standard is fine)
- A spoon
- Lots of Ice cubes
You can adjust measurments according to taste, feel free to use Barista Coffee as this is smooth and easy to mix together with the soya milk, plus it tastes yummy. You could also add a shot of your favourite syrup like vanilla or caramel for extra taste or even add some whipped cream! It's simple to make and takes about 5 minutes - much quicker (and cheaper) than heading to the local starbucks; Simply:
1. Heat the glass of soya milk in a pan on gentle heat, before adding the coffee to the pan.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in your two spoons of sugar (more/less according to taste)
3. Place half of the ice cubes into the glass and pour the warm coffee into the glass
4. Stir coffee for 2 mins to cool it down and then add the remaining ice cubes
5. Pop in your paper straws, relax and enjoy!
If you try this out, let me know!